Re: HTTP/2 response completed before its request

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:31:57 +0000
To: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>
cc: Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org>, William Chan (ι™ˆζ™Ίζ˜Œ) <willchan@chromium.org>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CA+pLO_gzKNhCXTvf7Uwkcky2uEWiUYJNnH-ArxuJOSyC-ic_Eg@mail.gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner writes:

>The client can't send END_STREAM to close the response early since
>that would not differentiate an incomplete payload body from a
>complete one. It would need to send RST to indicate early termination
>of the payload.

Given that the server already said "Screw the payload", I can't see
what difference that could possibly make to anybody, but if RST
makes you more happy, then send RST...

The worst that can happen is that you pollute error-log on the
server.