Re: HTTP/2 response completed before its request

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:21:34 +0000
To: Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org>
cc: William Chan (ι™ˆζ™Ίζ˜Œ) <willchan@chromium.org>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CAEn92Tq5rXvaPc1jLU-oUWfZPTnsbed2XXmgBRR6jasLG+jv5g@mail.gmail.com>, Johnny Graettinger writes
:

>> Because it wants the client to accept the 3xx, 4xx or 5xx response as
>> valid rather than discard it ?
>
>Ah. The client received a full and complete response from the server. In
>the face of a RST_STREAM / NO_ERROR, there's no reason for it to discard it.

I think that's just making semantics more complicated than they need
to be.

Let END_STREAM mark orderly mutually understood closes, and keep RST
for when things actually go wrong in some bad way.