Re: Adopting Alternative Services as a WG product

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:43:37 +0100
To: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2014-03-28 18:12, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> The new draft looks great. However, I don't understand the syntax
> question. Why are the quotation marks not appropriate?

a) There's potential confusion with other header fields where double
quotes indicate quoted-string escaping.

b) It adds overhead to the common case of simple protocol names.

c) It doesn't solve the problem that protocol names can contain octets
not suitable for use in header fields.

Best regards, Julian