Re: current HTTP/2 spec prevents gzip of response to "Range" request

In message <5332AFD6.1000105@zinks.de>, Roland Zink writes:

>Looks like there is the log file example mentioned in the discussion.
>Where this is often used is in playing videos (although there often no
>gzip is used but I have seen this too). Many players allow the user to
>jump within the video.

The logfile example I'm just going to ignore because it is bogus on
so many planes that it's not even funny:  The exact same problem
exists with compressed logfiles when no HTTP is involved at alle.

Video formats defined exactly so that they are searchable, and if
anybody wastes their time gzip'ing videos, they have bigger problems
than not being able to search them.