Re: current HTTP/2 spec prevents gzip of response to "Range" request

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>wrote:

> \Surely that would be *easier* to scavenge

my reticence is not about implementation complexity in my client.

> The mandatory implied Accept-Encoding codifies a well worn and useful
>> optimization.. Transfer-Encoding doesn't have the same track record to
>> justify adding it at the same level.
>>

> It's not at the same level; CE is above TE.

I'm sorry to have created confusion. I mean I don't support the same level
of conformance (i.e. the suggested MUST decode) - not the same level in the
application. as I say, I'm pretty neutral on defining negotiation of it.