Re: WPAD ideas and considerations

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 03:23:01 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I have not seen information about it yet(maybe missed it) but as I
remember one thing that was not mentioned was the PAC\DAT file that is
not re-validated by most if not all the clients while leaving the client
to use a stale PAC instructions\file.

Which means that the client will not get an updated proxy settings when
these needs to be verified every 30 secs or every 300 secs.

I am not sure if there was a set of instructions about this issue in the
RFC documents in the past.

Eliezer