Re: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-httpbis-alt-svc as a normative reference in http/2

Hey Will -

My understanding of consensus was that the frame was to be done in the core
document and the header/error code would be referred to separately and
Julian would edit that document. The split is mostly because the
header/error-code are not wire protocol bits for http/2. There are not MUST
requirements around honoring them other than not SESSION-ERRORing when you
parse them.

I think you'll find you need the header to adequately address the SNI case
if you'd like to do that discovery from plaintext http/1 - a likely case if
SNI is the blocker to effectively hosting https://.

More pertinent of course is the fact that this is one plan for
bootstrapping http/2 - and if its going to be used, like upgrade which I
consider far messier, it should be documented to get consistency among
those parties that wish to use it.

-P