Re: Support for gzip at the server #424

Martin,

I just pointed this use case out as an argument *against* requiring a new header providing the uncompressed length. HTTP/2.0 *does* effectively require chunked message body support, just like HTTP/1.1, so any interoperability issues need to be fixed by the implementors and we should not require a client or a server to provide a content length, period.  It is useful information if provided, but the onus is on the receiver to deal with content that exceeds its capabilities or configured limits, not on the protocol/transport providing it.