Re: Support for gzip at the server #424

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:06:19 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
receiving chunked requests is not supported with a high enough certainty
that anyone yet wants to send them in a generic web context. (apps that
know their server's capabilities apriori are a different story). HTTP/2
negotiation at first seems to make that easier, but supporting easy
gatewaying back to http/1.0 makes it hard again :(

as much as I would really like this feature, I think its reasonable not to
include it.