Re: Please don't block HTTP/2 on the "http:// schemed URIs over TLS" issue

Le Mer 5 mars 2014 07:35, Brian Smith a écrit :

Hi,

> My main request here is that we stick to that agreement to not delay
> HTTP/2 further.

I believe proxy interaction in an integral part of the http spec (both 1
and 2) and it would be a mistake to push http2 before resolving the few
issues around proxy use.

We've read a lot of "won't do" statements by browser representatives
around proxy use on this list in the past months, but little light on what
they will actually do. This part of the spec is clearly incomplete today
and no one can tell if finishing it will require adjustments in the rest
of the spec or not.

(grandfathering http1 proxy elements in http2 when everyone seems to agree
they are badly written and only generate problems browser, web site and
proxy side strikes me as woefully bad idea. http1 proxy auth does not work
by design with tls sites today and http2 is used by browsers
representatives to generalise tls, how can this ever result in a good user
experience?)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot