Re: HTTP/2, "h2t" and protocol identifiers in general

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:58:51 -0800
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 26 February 2014 08:02, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2014 3:42 AM, "Salvatore Loreto" <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
> wrote:
>> I don't see why you think the meaning of ALPN identifier is changing with
>> this proposal.
>
> I think you may be conflating scheme and protocol, which are possibly
> different?

I think that Roberto is right here.  And I think that we may have all
been saying the right things, but ignoring the fact that we were doing
the exact wrong thing.

I don't think that this does change the meaning of the ALPN
identifier, so much as the meaning of the ALPN identifier that it
relies on needs changing.