Re: debug field in GOAWAY

From: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:58:24 +0000
To: Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 22 February 2014 at 17:08:30, Adrian Cole (adrian.f.cole@gmail.com(mailto://adrian.f.cole@gmail.com)) wrote:
> Hehe:
>
> if (debugData.size() > 0) { // TODO: log the debugData
> }
>
> That said, I wouldn't read too much into it. The data is usually an
> exception message.
>
> -A

In a similar vein, after everything I said yesterday I made a commit
to hyper today[1] that prints the debugging data field when we get a
GOAWAY to help me debug an interop problem I was having with Twitter.
It didn’t help, but it reinforces the idea that it might be useful if
more implementations take the time to fill it in.

[1]: https://github.com/Lukasa/hyper/commit/77f0cd88f623cc5015e10930cd26c31f5b574db1