Re: WebSocket over HTTP2 RFC6455 conformance

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:26:37 -0800
To: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
Cc: Yutaka Hirano <yhirano@google.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 19 February 2014 21:16, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:
> So, you're also not interested in preserving RSV1-3 as-is even as
> per-message basis?

I'm more interested in the semantics (what I described), than the
protocol itself.  The protocol in RFC 6455 is just one expression of
those semantics.  I believe that an alternative expression of the
semantics can be found that is more suited to it's environment (in
this case HTTP/2).

This doesn't mean that what RSV1-3 represent (extensibility) is not
expressed.  But the idea that you need to meticulously preserve the
protocol, while perhaps intuitive to some, to me is a little
repugnant.