Re: new version trusted-proxy20 draft

From: Thomas Fossati <TFossati@velocix.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 06:57:09 +0000
To: William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org>, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
CC: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20@tools.ietf.org" <draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20@tools.ietf.org>, GUS BOURG <gb3635@att.com>
On 19/02/2014 02:02, "William Chan (陈智昌)" <willchan@chromium.org> wrote:
>And furthermore, I should add that I don't really think it's in the
>users' interests to have an intermediary be able to snoop listen in on
>all their https traffic.

It’s not the https traffic that would be snooped, but the http traffic
carried over HTTP/2.0 + TLS

>I don't really see the value for end users in
>standardizing any mechanism for doing this.

E.g. getting lower latencies on mobile networks (due to improved caching
at the edge).