Re: new version trusted-proxy20 draft

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM, William Chan (陈智昌)
<willchan@chromium.org>wrote:

> My first instinct was to agree with Patrick's analysis here. Then I
> looked at the draft in more detail. IIUC, the connection we're talking
> about is the encrypted user-agent<=>forward proxy connection, where
> the forward proxy is authenticated. Even though the connection is
> carrying http:// schemed traffic, the connection to the proxy is fully
> authenticated and I think user agents should show an error page if
> someone MITM'd this connection, even though it only carried http://
> schemed traffic. Did I understand things correctly? Are we talking
> about just the proxy connection here?

The draft is far from clear here, but I would certainly hope that is the
case: if there is an failure in the TLS handshake between the client and
the proxy, *regardless of what caused the connection to the proxy to start
up*, an error would be shown.

+