WINDOW_UPDATE with streamid = 0 redundant?

From: Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:33:25 -0800
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
"Separate WINDOW_UPDATE frames are sent for the stream and connection
level flow control windows. "

It seems that we don't usually need a separate WINDOW_UPDATE for the
connection (with streamid = 0). When a particular stream gets processed,
we send a WINDOW_UPDATE for that stream, but doesn't this also imply
that the connection-level window should also be updated? When would a
WINDOW_UPDATE for a stream NOT imply an update on the connection window?

I can see keeping around WINDOW_UPDATE with streamid = 0 for the case
where you want to increase only the connection window size at the
beginning of the connection, but after that setup, it seems like a waste
of bandwidth to send these extra WINDOW_UPDATE frames for the connection
window.

Thoughts?