Re: GOAWAY -> GTFO

I consider this a purely editorial issue, in that it does not appear on the wire, nor does it affect the operation of the protocol.

The editor does not need to clear every changed word on the list before committing it; that would be ludicrous, and I’m a bit surprised to see you imply that it’s necessary. Once a draft is published, we comment upon it (both for substantial and more trivial issues), and we move on — this has been the working mode of this group now for years.

As Martin said, the editor does take suggestions, especially those in the form of a pull request. I trust he’ll consider all input and we’ll end up in the right place; if not, we’ll discuss it and move on.

Note that this is *not* a call to start an endless rathole on what flavour like people best; group wordsmithing does not work, and we have a lot to do.

Regards,

P.S. I take people’s focus on the colour of the paint here to mean that they consider the rest of the renovation done, so that’s good, I suppose.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/