Re: GOAWAY -> GTFO

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:21:31 +1100
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
I consider this a purely editorial issue, in that it does not appear on the wire, nor does it affect the operation of the protocol.

The editor does not need to clear every changed word on the list before committing it; that would be ludicrous, and Iím a bit surprised to see you imply that itís necessary. Once a draft is published, we comment upon it (both for substantial and more trivial issues), and we move on ó this has been the working mode of this group now for years.

As Martin said, the editor does take suggestions, especially those in the form of a pull request. I trust heíll consider all input and weíll end up in the right place; if not, weíll discuss it and move on.

Note that this is *not* a call to start an endless rathole on what flavour like people best; group wordsmithing does not work, and we have a lot to do.

Regards,

P.S. I take peopleís focus on the colour of the paint here to mean that they consider the rest of the renovation done, so thatís good, I suppose.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/