Re: Priority straw man

On 27 January 2014 10:38, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com> wrote:
> It would be cleaner if priority groups had the same cardinality as stream
> identifiers. That would remove the edge case of more open streams than
> groups.

I assume here that you are talking about the case where you want to
maintain greater than 2^24 open groups.

I'm really not sympathetic to that scenario to be honest.  That's 16+
million concurrent partitions.  Of course, I'd be impressed if you
could prove that you were able to manage 16+ million-way-concurrency
with anything better than random results.