RE: Comments on draft-chan-http2-stream-dependencies-00

I also much like this proposal. I think that there are interesting things in Martin's suggestion of splitting the PRIORITY field.

Contrary to Martin, I think the ORDERED bit is necessary. Once A <- B is sent, you have two possibilities for adding C inside this relationship:
- Between A and B, resulting in A <- C <- B
- At the same level as B, resulting in A <- B - C

At the same time, I don't like the ORDERED bit to be in a frame flag. So I'd prefer moving it to the PRIORITY field:
- All the information on priorities is in the same location.
- One PRIORITY frame can be used for updating all priorities (both ordered and unordered).

So, when specifying a dependency, we could have:
- P = 0, 1 bit.
- Relative dependency: signed 16 bit int, relative to stream-ID. Backward and forward references are probably desirable (forward references could be useful when updating priorities).
- O: 1 bit, for either ordered or unordered.
- Reserved: 14 bits. (This should be rearranged for easier encoding/decoding).

Hervé.