Re: CRLF requirement

On 30 June 2014 06:16, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Do you have any *evidence* that accepting single CRs is actually required?
>
> Given that all major clients do it, I think the evidence should be
> sought elsewhere.

Do you have evidence of an implementation that sends CR as a line terminator?

I know that this text has been very carefully checked, as with much of
the specification.  So I think that evidence of promiscuity on the
part of some implementations is only one half of the evidence we
require to declare this an outright bug.

I shouldn't have to remind you that not every one wants to be like a
browser.  For one, servers are highly relevant too.