Re: CRLF requirement

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:36:55 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 30 June 2014 06:16, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Do you have any *evidence* that accepting single CRs is actually required?
>
> Given that all major clients do it, I think the evidence should be
> sought elsewhere.

Do you have evidence of an implementation that sends CR as a line terminator?

I know that this text has been very carefully checked, as with much of
the specification.  So I think that evidence of promiscuity on the
part of some implementations is only one half of the evidence we
require to declare this an outright bug.

I shouldn't have to remind you that not every one wants to be like a
browser.  For one, servers are highly relevant too.