#535: No 1xx Status Codes

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:56:57 +1000
Cc: "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
<https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/535>

This seems like a re-opening of <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/264>. We discussed it a fair amount in the Seattle interim, and there was pretty strong support in the room for getting rid of 1xx status, especially since they're poorly supported in implementations, almost non-existant in APIs, and often don't survive hop-to-hop.

Julian, anything to add? I'm inclined to close this as a duplicate unless there's significant new information...

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/