Re: intermediaries, implicit gzip, etags, no-transform

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:47:24 +0000
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
In message <53A502D5.8070404@treenet.co.nz>, Amos Jeffries writes:

>no-transform is also used in the medical industry to protect sensitive
>data. I wonder how many patients are getting wrong disgnosis due to
>compression artifacts in their scan result images when sent to medical
>experts via these services?

If no-transform is all that's protecting your or me from getting
diagnosed with a pregnancy, then the medical industry shouldn't be
allowed to get anywhere near computers to begin with.  (Yes, I did
read that study which showed they are clueless morons across the
board when it comes to reliability, security and integrity).