Re: Trusted proxy UI strawman

From: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:42:23 +0200
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>

On 6/19/14, 4:46 AM, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> I think any efforts to block out the possibility for intermediaries to
> inspect and modify traffic in HTTP would be wasted.
>
> You're unlikely to be able to convince the operators of every
> corporate network in the world that they no longer need to do this to
> their users' traffic.

We have to have better solutions available over the longer term.  There
needs to be some confidence that the bits hitting a device won't break
it.  Many devices are not in a position to make this determination
themselves.  Others are.  That does NOT necessarily translate into
snooping all the bits, however.  Let's cast a wider net.

Eliot