Reserved extension ids

From: Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:09:23 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
As of right now, the method for negotiating extensions is unspecified.
During the interim we discussed the possibility of using IANA to reserve
extensions. Will this become part of the spec? I think it may be a good
idea to formally segment the ID space, even if we leave out the IANA
details. For instance, the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the setting ID space is
reserved for future RFCs, and the last 1/2 to 1/4 is reserved for
experimental/ephemeral use. The same consideration for frame identifiers
could be useful, although I recognize that's a constrained space.

Daniel