Re: Negotiating compression

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:52:59 -0700
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Cc: Nicholas Hurley <hurley@todesschaf.org>, "Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo)" <rwheeldo@cisco.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
So are we getting back to the "they can just keep using http/1.1" argument
or do I misunderstand your point?

On May 28, 2014 8:48 AM, "Eliot Lear" <lear@cisco.com> wrote:
[snip]

> There is the design space for "HTTP" and the design space for "HTTP/2".
We have made the assumption that they are both the same, and I have
repeatedly questioned that point.

>> The only real difference between IPP and a typical web page load is the
sheer volume of data - gigabytes for a raster printer versus megabytes for
a typical web page without video (you'll get gigabytes for HD video).