Re: GOAWAY and proxies (#458)

On 2 May 2014 11:43, Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com> wrote:
> Great point, and this was something I wasn't happy with in my first draft.
> My only concern with your text is that there is no SHOULD. That would be
> fine if this was only a problem on private networks, but this problem also
> applies to forward proxies, so HTTP/2 servers on the internet at large
> SHOULD implement this behavior.

I'm not that much of a fan of normative language that isn't MUST, but
I get your point.  Yes, the world would be a better place if everyone
did this.

s/
If the server is attempting to gracefully shut down a
connection, it can send
/
A server that is attempting to gracefully shut down a
connection, SHOULD send
/