Re: GOAWAY and proxies (#458)

On 05/02/2014 11:31 AM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> Half an RTT is definitely not enough.  From the server perspective it
> needs to be >1RTT.

Silly mistake. Will fix.

> I think that this is a problem with intermediation in general.  And
> there may even be some clients that are unable to retry for other
> reasons (intermediaries aren't the only entities that attempt to
> minimize their state commitment).

Great point, and this was something I wasn't happy with in my first
draft. My only concern with your text is that there is no SHOULD. That
would be fine if this was only a problem on private networks, but this
problem also applies to forward proxies, so HTTP/2 servers on the
internet at large SHOULD implement this behavior.