Re: Alternative Service Indication

I somehow missed the previous discussion thread on it. Sorry about that. I
have some comments now though :)

* I'd like to hear more people discussing it. The only participants on the
last thread that I saw were Martin, Mark, and Erik. Can others chime in?
* It's interesting to me that this appears to be mandatory for clients. I
need to think about this more deeply.
* I need to think more deeply about how necessary this is. My default as a
client is not to provide something unless there's a clear reason to do so.
Are there any examples of things *breaking* without this? AFAICT from
previous discussions, there are some server suboptimalities, and this would
be nice to provide. I'm trying to evaluate how "nice" this is vs mandatory.
I consider the Host header to be pretty important to the web as it operates
today, but am unclear on how this compares.
* Does sending an ALTSVC frame play nice with connection sharing? I haven't
thought about it too much.

Cheers.