Re: Support for gzip at the server #424 (Consensus Call)

I’m saying that the most concrete way of encouraging servers to accept content-encoded request representations is to give them a means of declaring their support for doing so — e.g., in HTML — not a generic SHOULD in a place that resource authors will never look.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/