Re: Transfer-codings, mandatory content-coding support and intermediaries

On 20 April 2014 10:00, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> ​[snip]
>  I personally think Matthew's most recent proposal is quite reasonable,
> especially if it flips to being opt-out. While browsers might not use them,
> API folks could find this quite attractive (as we're hearing from the IAEA
> people).

I assume you mean flipping to opt-in. Since you and Martin have both said
you'd prefer it, and since it doesn't make a difference to me, I've
switched the text around in my branch. I think there should probably be
something in the COMPRESSED flag section to describe the error condition,
or at least reference the setting. I've also changed zlib to gzip.​

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/