Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http2-encryption-02.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc-01

> I thought
> your proposal was advertising opportunistic encryption in DNS.

That is orthogonal, and is *not* opportunistic encryption: it allows a
browser to change the URI scheme from "http:" to "https:".

> Anyhow,
> we don't support any type of opportunistic encryption, especially
> unauthenticated. We want people to use https://, therefore we more or
> less only plan to support HTTP/2 for https:// URIs. Let me know if
> this still leaves anything unclear.

That's completely clear.

I disagree with your conclusion, and still want HTTP/2 to enable
opportunistic encryption in a way that browsers and servers will deploy,
but I'm not a browser vendor.

--Paul Hoffman