Re: Proxy User Stories

On 2013-12-10 05:43, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 9 December 2013 01:18, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> LadleNet
>
> I'm not sure what to make of this one.  It sounds a lot like the
> Internet.

Does doesn't it? if the protocol can't support *that*, well ... But no
its not. Just the microcosm of the whole in one of many Ad-Hoc mobile
environments.

The key parts for HTTP to operate over this environment are:

* message transparency to the node proxy classification filtering
regardless of encryption or other security overlays on the application
payload.

* HTTPS encryption is not an option both because it breaks the node
classification and prevents fast per-message re-routing when
edge/gateway nodes disappear or move.

* "Just use HTTP/1" is the worst of undesirables. Limited/slow bandwidth
and CPU already pressures heavy erasure of HTTP/1 meta data and content
compression at the edges.

> mnot wrote:
>> Not every problem needs to be hit with an HTTP-shaped hammer.

Maybe not. But HTTP is used to traverse this one and for certain types
of inter-node exchanges there are limitations to be met.

Amos