Re: Our ALPN protocol IDs

On 5 December 2013 15:31, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:

> is there no version transmitted anywhere (outside of ALPN).... or are we
> going to rely on ALPN to communicate that?

ALPN carries all the important and relevant version information, yes.

Version information is all carried in the identifier string (currently
"HTTP/2.0").  This same identifier is used in ALPN and Upgrade (and
Alt-Svc and DNS and whatever other places we choose to signal support
of HTTP/2.0).

Note that this is all outside of the protocol, and is always required
to be present, though we acknowledge that the presence of the
identifier might be implicit (as it would be in the port 100
proposal).