Re: Some entropy calculations with secret/huffman interaction

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 09:08:04AM -0800, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 27 November 2013 02:40, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi> wrote:
> > The secret
>
> Have we worked out yet how to determine if something is secret or not
> algorithmically?

No, I just wanted to calculate how bad the entropy loss is.

Also, doing Huffman on anything that looks like base64 probably isn't a good
idea.

Hexadecimal stuff (escpecially with lowercase a-f) does compress
(average ~30%; Hmm... I wonder how badly those leak...).

-Ilari