Re: Yet another trusted proxy suggestion

Yes, please be explicit on this point - CONNECT currently gives end to end
assurances through a proxy and your proposal turns that on its head. To
ensure clarity I would appreciate it if you didn't reuse CONNECT when
proposing Explicit MITM proxy semantics.

While we're at it, imo, E-MITM is a much clearer term than the trusted
proxy euphemism being used.

IMO and somewhat separately - the notion of a1953.d.cdn.net being able to
present some kind of assertion (outside of the TLS handshake) provably
signed by download.adobe.com that says the cdn host is allowed to serve
content for download.adobe.com is something we ought to explore. I wouldn't
wrap that up in the client side proxy discussions though.