Re: Explicit Proxy [was: A proposal]

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 07:23:33PM -0800, Mike Belshe wrote:
> I wrote up some high level concepts around this in 2011 which may be of
> interest:
> https://www.belshe.com/2011/11/17/spdy-of-the-future-might-blow-your-mind-today/
>
> I think these are still relevant.

Yes they are. Just like exactly one year earlier I tried to make a mobile
phone operator insist on manufacturers to unlock the explicit proxy config
in smartphones so that they could save the DNS round trip and halve the
overall page load time (since we have many hosts on a page). I remember
there were several discussions about all the benefits for some time and
the explicit proxies were generally received positively by the participants.

Willy