Re: something I don't get about the current plan...

On 18/11/13 1:00 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 18 novembre 2013 11:50, Yoav Nir a écrit :
>> On 18/11/13 11:02 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>>> I meant the timeout on the client side! You don't know you're filtered
>>> until you try to escape.
>> You can optimize this the same way browsers detect proxies
> Or you can actually fix the protocol so proxies can actually declare
> themselves and no guessing is needed

Hey, if you want to propose a TLS proxy to the IETF, be my guest. I've
already been burned once trying to do that. Even transparent proxies
becoming explicit without breaking encryption are not very popular here.

Yoav

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-tls-proxy-server-01