Re: Cookie crumbling in -09

On 16 November 2013 00:02, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> Indeed, right now applications correctly handle cookie as a list
> of values which can be aggregated using commas like any other header
> field.

All the discussions thus far, plus a reasonably careful reading of RFC
6265 leads me to conclude that this is not the case.  In particular,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6265#section-5.4 is quite clear:

   When the user agent generates an HTTP request, the user agent MUST
   NOT attach more than one Cookie header field.

Given the grammar, which doesn't use the list construction or a comma,
merging with commas would seem to be invalid.

I'd be interested in learning if multiple headers appeared ever in the wild.