Re: A proposal

I think I replied earlier, but I am strongly against any proposal which
introduces new URL scheme for HTTP.

This is changing the UI of the web, which most users don't understand (and
shouldn't need to).  Right now, users don't have to know about HTTP2 vs
HTTP1.1 vs HTTP1.  If we make them have to differentiate, we've really
screwed up badly.

This would also open a new set of security risks, as you'd now have to deal
with sites that include resources from http: and http2:, and is that a
mixed-content warning?  I think it would have to be.

Finally, this would make server side deployment very hard - there are a
tremendous number of applications (php, java, etc) with 'http://' hard
coded, and all of those would have to change.

Mike