Re: Pervasive encryption: Pro and contra

Le Dim 17 novembre 2013 02:03, Tim Bray a écrit :

> I don’t know if trying to organize the talking points is generally useful,
> but I sure found it personally useful; maybe others will too.

Also

> Pervasive surveillance occurs at endpoints, so transport-level encryption
> is useless.

1. not useless, but of very limited effect

2. it's disingenuous to claim tackling pervasive surveillance when nothing
is done for the cookie networks whose sole aim is pervasive surveillance
and which *are* an http "feature" (unlike TLS which is being bolted on)

--
Nicolas Mailhot