Re: HTTP 2.0 mandatory security vs. Amateur Radio

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:

> actually I agree with this.
>
> That's why I suggested a long time ago we should look at another port number
> for http2.  100 is available.

+1. HTTP/2 is a fundamentally new protocol. Attempting to stuff it
over port 80 or even 443 is a mistake. That's why we have different
ports in the first place, isn't it? Quit violating the basic design
principles of the underlying layers and suddenly the problem gets a
lot easier to solve... it helps simplify the upgrade path also.

- James