Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

I think this is a great question. I confess not to be super familiar with
the printing space, which is why Michael's repeated comments in this
working group have been very useful. I would say that my teammates and I
have not considered this issue very much, and my default inclination is to
tell IPP folks to stick with HTTP/1.X if they only want to support
cleartext. If they want HTTP/2, then they should solve the blockers to
adopting a secure transport. I realize this is a difficult thing to say to
them, and I am open to considering other options, but my teammates and I
really do care about moving all communications over a secure transport, and
holding firm to the stance of only supporting HTTP/2 over a secure
transport is one of our best mechanisms to incentivize folks to tackle the
hard problems that block secure transport (TLS or what have you) adoption.

Cheers.