Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 04:07:07PM +0900, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> If I Rob this correctly, this may mean that a future version of IE will
> implement HTTP 2.0 without encryption for http: URIs.
>
> Next let's say that Apache 3.0 implements HTTP 2.0 which can be
> configured to run without encryption (after all, Apache is used in
> internal contexts, too).
>
> What's the chance of this *not* leaking out into the open internet and
> forcing other browser vendors to also allow HTTP 2.0 for http: URIs
> without encryption? After all, experience has shown that users quickly
> abandon a browser that doesn't work for some websites, and that browser
> vendors know about this and try to avoid it.

And so what ? It's not a problem. Some browsers will likely implement
it at least with a config option that's disabled by default, and these
browsers will be the ones picked by developers during their tests,
because developers pick the browser that makes their life easier.

Willy