Re: [apps-discuss] FYI: LINK and UNLINK

My understanding (perhaps misplaced) was that it was there so you could replace existing links in a deterministic way.

The only other way that comes to mind is to mint a new ‘id’ (or similar) attribute that identifies the instance of the link; e.g.,

Link: </foo>; rel=“bar”; title=“whatever”; id=abc
Link: </foo>; rel=“bar”; title=“the other link to whatever”; id=def

I will point out that in some use cases, it’s not unknown to have multiple links of the same type and same target URI in the same document, but with different target attributes. In these cases, Julian’s concern is valid.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/