Re: question about :authority header field

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM, RUELLAN Herve
<Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>wrote:

> This is linked to issue #294: if we want to encourage implementations to
> omit host, we should probably leave it out of the static header table.

This is true for HTTP/2.0 client which generates HTTP/2.0 request directly.
But an intermediaries translating from HTTP/1 request to HTTP/2.0 are
instructed to omit :authority and instead use host header field for
origin-form or asterisk-form.
Since HTTP/1 does not disappear suddenly, we will continue to use host
header in HTTP/2.0 traffic in foreseeable future.

Best regards,
Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa