Re: HTTP response cacheability and query components

Actually RFC 2616 via reference to RFC 2396 allows "/bar?baz=1" as long
as the use of reserved characters conforms to their reserved purpose.

What I found interesting is that 2396 doesn't provide a reference to
the reserved purpose. Too lazy at this instance to follow the obsoleted by
path to see if that issue has been fixed. I used 2396 because was the
question context.

WRT the Akami question, Para. 13.9 of 2616 stipulates whether the presense
of the query string should preclude caching ...
   caches MUST NOT treat responses to such URIs as fresh
   unless the server provides an explicit expiration time.
I didn't do an exhaustive search as to whether the query string value
should be part of the cached content identification.