Re: per stream (initial) flow window size

Hey Ilya,

So Firefox has been taking exactly this approach with both spdy/3.[+] and
http/2 already. We use a small initial window setting that is meant to
apply to pushes - and we reusme them in much the same manner as you
describe. For pulls we want to use large windows so we simply pipeline a
window update in the same SSL data record that contains the HEADER. While
there is a theoretical race there it in effect can't actually be delayed
because of the way SSL frames everything atomically; it hasn't ever been a
problem and no servers have complained to me (yet) about the extra frame
callback overhead. I actually expected to have some interop problems with
this strategy in the early days - but it hasn't been a problem at all.

So imo the use case is already well served by the draft as is.. what's left
is whether saving 8 extra bytes for the pat/ilya use case is interesting
and worth the complexity.. I'd be happy with it of course, but I don't
realistically think it is necessary. ymmv.

-P