Re: HTTP/2 extensions and proxies

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Doing a RST_STREAM (which, arguably would be insufficient for the kind of
> error that you're talking about) unnecessarily removes the ability to
> experiment with hint-like extensions, as I've said a number of times before.

And as I have demonstrated a number of times before, taking the
approach you suggest unnecessarily removes the ability to experiment
with non-hint-like extensions. Given that the intermediary has no way
of knowing what it is dealing with, the safest and only reliable
option is to apply an All or Nothing policy.

The RST_STREAM is more than sufficient for the kind of error I'm
talking about. Specifically, it says, "I received something on this
stream I didn't expect and don't want, so I'm terminating the stream".
I fail to see how that is insufficient.

That said, however, you and I have had this conversation before and I
have no desire to go around on it again. Left only to you and I we
likely would not come to an agreement.

- James