Re: chunk-extensions

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 17:56:42 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
On 2013-09-14 01:54, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I've considered using them for a few things over the years. However, two things always stopped me; they aren't accommodated by Apis, and they aren't guaranteed to transit a hop.
>
> For the breach attacks, I don't think deprecating them harms things, since you can still sen them; in these mitigations, the payload / semantics don't matter, as long as something is there.

You can send them, but you'd violate a "SHOULD NOT".

If we believe using them is ok (and you made it sound like that), we
consequently should back out the change to deprecate it
(<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/1535#file1>)

> Personally, I'm ok either way; the important thing is to document their behavior / limitations. Deprecation I one way to do that, but we could do it in prose too.

What exactly does not to be documented?

Best regards, Julian