Re: [tsvwg] The List (of application-layer desired features)

From: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:17:45 +0200
Cc: Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, tsvwg@ietf.org
To: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
Hi,

Sorry to side-track, but this bit brings me to a question I had:

> RFC2140 avoids sets of connections from both getting more than their steady-state fair-share, and reduces the amount they step on each other. It's already deployed, but might benefit from some app-layer hints.

I'm a fan of RFC2140 and related work. I wonder what parts of RFC2140 are deployed, to what degree, where? Does anyone know?
In particular, I'm interested in ensemble sharing of cwnd, i.e. the parallel use of a single cwnd for multiple connections. Deployed? If yes, in which OS? If not, why not?

Cheers,
Michael